It’s that time of year when I start to make one of my favourite dessert. My Refined Sugar Free Fruits Of The Forest Apple Crumble Recipe. Although it is summer and eating oven baked sweets isn’t my favourite thing to do when it’s hot but this is an exception. As all of the fruits in the filling are seasonal it’s actually the best time to eat this. Every summer I spent with my Nonna Elvira in Italy, I would blackberry pick on my walk down the mountain to the beach . When I got home later in the day I would make her my crumble with custard as she loved it. So much so I would make many times over the time I was there.
Let’s do This….
Refined Sugar Free Fruits Of The Forest Apple Crumble Recipe
- 6 apples
- 1 box of Summer berries frozen mix
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tbs spring water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup buckwheat oats
- 1 cup of crushed almonds
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- In a saucepan gently heat all of the filling ingredients. You can leave it at a simmer whilst you prepare the crumble. Remember to stir every so often.
- In a large bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients until it is all well combined.
- In an oven pan pour the cooked filling in.
- Next put the crumble mixture on top. Make sure you have covered the top evenly.
- Pop it in the oven for 25-30 minutes depending on your oven. You want the crumble to golden slightly so keep an eye on it.
- Once it is ready let it cool slightly for 10 minutes or so!
I hope you love this as much as I i do and my Nonna Elvira did! Please comment below guys let me know what you thought of this recipe, I’d love to know
Want another fruity recipe try my Holy Basil Blueberrylicious Lime Smoothie Recipe
Until next week…
Lots of love